Hrafnblóð
Geosceaftgast
4 Track E.P.
2013
Hrafnblóð – Telford
Links:
https://www.facebook.com/hrafnblod
For those of
you who didn't win a CD, the new E.P 'Geosceaftgast' is now available for FREE
download from the Souncloud page - http://soundcloud.com/hrafnblod
Also, you can
listen to it, and every other Hrafnblod song, if you subscribe to Gareth's YouTube
channel (link below).
Genre: Heathen Metal
Just to set the record straight:
“Hrafnblóð MAY return but, not this year. I shall
only return to this project if I start to enjoy writing for it again (I don't
want the listeners to suffer). In the meantime, I will be participating in
other projects, as well as (hopefully) writing my own poetry book. I will not
be sharing any of these projects on this page though, as I want them to gain
fans from their own merits. So, hopefully, you'll stumble across them somewhere
in the deep regions of the Internet! A big thank you to everyone who's
supported this project, I really appreciate it”
Genius at work! Gareth Giles
The 9th
February was indeed a very sad day for all Hrafnblóð
fans everywhere as Gareth Giles pulled the veil over his work for the final
time leaving behind a trail of the most beautiful, thought provoking and inspiring
music ever written. His music is a huge loss to the music scene.
I was so happy when he signed to Wodfreca Records
http://wodfreca.bandcamp.com/ and thought this would push Hrafnblóð
to the far reaches of the globe, but sadly this was not to be but glad there is
a small spark of hope that one day Hrafnblóð
will be back stronger than ever before. I for one live in hope of that day!
I will always
be happy to support Gareth in whatever he decides to do – and at the moment it
is writing poetry among other things and will no doubt be just as thought
provoking as his music.
A snippet of Gareth's literary work!
This hand
crafted piece of history shows on the cover a simple black and white photograph
of a wood – the true heart of nature, whilst the disc itself depicts an
overhead view of a city with a river running through it and is a hand made release.
It really is
with a heavy heart that I sit here and try and put into words one intelligent
man’s creative art for the last time. It
is unbearable to do knowing it is the last piece of Hrafnblóð but I owe it to Gareth and Hrafnblóð as the last few years have indeed enlightened my dark
path and brought some amazing creative work to the forefront of the metal underground scene.
Gareth started Hrafnblóð (translated as Raven’s Blood) single handed in 2010 and touched on lyrical
themes such as Anti-Government, Odinism, Anti-Judea-Christianism, Revolution,
Anti-Zionism, Nature and Darkness. His music has sold out on many occasions but
due to Gareth not enjoying his art any longer he has decided to quit and move
on to pastures new.
Lif & Lifprasir
An ocean of
superb guitar, drums and keyboards come surging into life as this awesome piece
of music starts amid a scornful vocal and is in true Hrafnblóð style. Gareth does not do anything in half measures. The choral choir summons up the darkest of
hearts and brings them into a new and meaningful phase of peace and
enlightenment. Its delicate tones are so pleasurable to sit and wrap yourself
into and offer astounding satisfaction.
Descent of the Black Fog
Superb guitars
on this track mould into the timeless, extravagant and colossal array of musical
notes ever made to man. It brings you to your barest roots and gives an insight
into this incredible man’s talents. I particularly love Gareth’s vocals that
are so evil, black and raw in the purest forms and are truly breath-taking on
this creative track with clever use of echoes as the track fades out.
Fires of Dresden
A naturalistic
track with birds singing and then a sampled voice begins amid distant rumblings
of a plane with a loud siren – not as pleasant as you would first think as we
all know what happened at Dresden. Gareth captures the scenes in this prolific
track with inexhaustible low tuned and heavy guitar work with droning type of
drum beats in copious form giving a harmonious melodic twist.
Englalande
Haunting and
creative this track starts slow and wondrous with beautiful melody which then
turns blacker and that sumptuous vocal begins. Returning once more to the
harmonious glow of simple guitar strings and solid drum beats with an abundance
of melodic plodding that sweeps you into the Hrafnblóð world of Heathen Metal in its most purest of forms.
To sum up:
This is
stupendous creative work from just one man who created and crafted such fertile
music in the name of Hrafnblóð.
It is a genius at
work no other word could describe Gareth Giles – as this music really gets into
the heart of the matter and could no doubt bring him the fruits of his labours if
he pursued it. Hopefully he will decide to pick up where he left off and make a
lot of people very happy.
I will be
keeping a close eye on the Hrafnblóð page
for any updates although as Gareth mentioned in his note above it won’t be this
year, but hopefully he will gather his thoughts and decide to re-alight the
spark he created back in 2010 and make a comeback album in 2014 – I am ever
hopeful – I praise Odin he will!
10/10
Track List:
Lif &
Lifprasir
Descent of the
Black Fog
Fires of
Dresden
Englalande
Members:
Gareth Giles – Lyrics/Vocals/Guitars/Bass
Sam Wale Productions – Drums/Keyboard Programming http://www.samwaleproductions.com
No comments:
Post a Comment