Plastic Noose
Zu Allen
7 Track Album
Released 11th November 2011
Plastic Noose –
Scotland
IN association
with https://www.facebook.com/JuggernautServices
Genre:
Misanthropic Industrial Metal
In Plastic
Noose’s own words:
“PLASTIC NOOSE was the originator of
MISANTHROPIC INDUSTRIAL METAL (MIM) with massive beats, down-tuned distortion
bass & the ominous voice of Snow King.
I'm a fiercely
independently minded musician, a loving father and a lover of life!
I was
classically trained as a timpanist/percussionist/drummer, but retain my roots
in all high quality eclectic music styles from Classical to Dark Extreme Metal
and everything in between! I've performed & recorded extensively with some
of the best orchestras in Europe, most notably using period instruments and
have toured worldwide... (I love the food and drink part of touring!)
Most people
either get me instantly, or run like hell. This used to upset me until I
realised that it works pretty well as an asshole filter!
I also play
drums & percussion in bands/studio, record and produce music of many styles
and am a published composer. I'm very
proud to be drummer & co-producer in The John Irvine Band.
I love to work
with or be around people who live their lives in a similar fashion to me in
other words, living their lives the way they want to, inspiring themselves and
others with skills, passion, kindness and other positive human traits! I am not a perfect person, but the older I
get, the better I think I am doing at life... it must be the wine maturing me!
I'm everything
I've described here and more & the total opposite at times. PLASTIC
NOOSE is my dark side... my wonderful side and what I need to express to
survive”
There isn’t a
lot more to add to the above I think this more or less sums up what Snow King
is - does and says. Now on to the
music...
Road to
Perdition
Nice constant
rhythms and a really dark pulsating beat start along with a superb evil spoken whispered
vocal. However it packs a punch for being dynamic with its naughty and very
thought provoking little lyrics.
Snow King
With the wind
howling and the ominous but rhythmic flow of keyboard it sets a scene of total
foreboding. Intrigue builds to mammoth proportions in an array of oministic
vocals again spoken not sung but none the less spat out in vengeance over
harbouring monotone keys – quite an eye opener!
Zu Allen
Title track to
the album – monastic chants start and then a nice vocal begins harsh and not
unlike Till Lindemann from Rammstein – Nice touch! Constant rhythms through-out
the track gives it that menacing vibe. My favourite track so far!
Before the Lord
Deep pulsating
rhythm with a shrill bell adds to the flavour of this portentous track. Sparse
keys bring a special brooding of what is about to unfold - but sadly this track
doesn’t seem to go anywhere – it meanders aimlessly.
Slutcentric
A loud bell and
some sparse drum beat starts up in rhythmic flow until a superb pulsating heavy
vibe kicks in with a strong vocal – another favourite track it’s dark,
powerful, and ambient with lots of eccentricity – a good compelling listen!
Lie Back
Distorted
rhythms pound furiously to some harsh pummelling regimented beats will soon get
the foot tapping and the body moving. A very unconventional track indeed with
its thought provoking words about corruption and lies. Rhythms sound like a
swarm of wasps that will in turn send shivers down your backbone.
This is not a
Game
Echoing deep
beats harsh and moving are compelling with the shrill keyboard adding to this
myriad of bizarre and pleasurable listening. Subterranean vocals are superb on
this track and give it a lot of depth – the build-up on this track is
definitively compelling.
To sum up:
Only one track
that I am not taken with but overall a good listen and lots to digest whilst
listening – it is not a dance album as such but it does offer some thought
provoking lyrics and eccentric rhythms which isn’t a bad thing – if you like
your music profound you will love this album. Listen out for “Slutcentric” “Zu
Allen” and “This is not a game” three really outstanding tracks in my opinion
and three I shall be repeating again.
8/10
Track List:
Road to Perdition
Snow King
Zu Allen
Before the Lord
Slutcentric
Lie Back
This is not a Game
Members:
Alan E – Snow King
No comments:
Post a Comment