Fort Worth
Runaway
3 Track E.P.
To be released 16th May 2013
Coming soon!
Fort Worth – Manchester
Links:
Genre: Post
Hardcore/Metal/Rock
Fort Worth started out in 2009 and hail from the
Manchester area. Their likes include: Here Lies the Enemy, From Eleanor, State
of Error, and Under-Colour.
I have just
heard this E.P and literally just dropped everything well not everything but
you get the meaning (I hope?) in order to stop, listen and review it in all its
glory.
I am off to see
this amazing quartet at House in Liverpool on Sunday 28th April another Krossfire Promotions Event and so I thought this may be a good time
to review this 3 track E.P and get into what is indeed heading your way!
Because you're WORTH it!
Altercate
The opening
track bounces with utter enthusiasm and raw energy. The bass is urgent and prominent, the guitar
is shrill and compelling, the drums are outstanding and the vocals are
uncompromisingly refreshing with superb harmonies giving a distinct feast of
sound that is rich in melodic content.
These guys and their instinctive ability to create invigorating sounds deserve
to be noticed.
Escape
Is a lot harsher
in content with more gnarly vocals and punishing guitar. It’s a challenging piece of writing and
offers raw and diverse qualities of mouth-watering grandeur and indeed very catchy
too! Oh yes, and I forgot to mention brutally raw and laced with their own
ingredients of melodic offering an urgency that begs attention from the
listener.
Runaway
Is like a
breath of fresh air as it hits the audial – the resonating brutal scream at the
beginning of this track punches you right between the eyes! Again melodically
intense and fiery with heaps of aggression. Brilliantly conceived with a
fistful of harmonies that blends and it never sits on its laurels. The vocals are simply delicious despite the
clean vocal content this music however, warrants it and compliments the track superbly
well, so much so if I was on a desert island I would choose this track and have
it on constant playback and on fuckin’ eleven on the volume dial. It is a
staggering piece of writing and expertly produced by this Manchester foursome.
The delightful Fort Worth!
To sum up:
Absolutely
stunning E.P. Melodically unique and catchy with every beat a total winner! I
am just so hungry to see these guys live! And let them unleash their enticing unbridled
rhythms on the unsuspecting crowd. Every note coupled with the dominating rhythmic
swagger of passionate metal guitar and hard uncompromising bass hooks not to
mention the caustic vocals melting with the clean it is just an explosive mix.
Bring on the 28th April – this gig is literally going to bring the HOUSE down!
Fort Worth have also, just yesterday in fact
released this new single called “Signals”
so make sure you check that out too! More melodic enticement is just what we
want!
http://fortworthuk.bandcamp.com/
Out Now!
10/10
Track List:
Altercate
Escape
Runaway
Members:
Ste Hill - Guitar & Vocals
Sam Gibson - Drums & Vocals
Andrew Talbot - Guitar & Vocals
Scott Chad-Field - Bass Vocals
No comments:
Post a Comment