Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Petrol Bastard - Terrible Problem - 8 Track Album - Released 30th November 2013

Petrol Bastard
Terrible Problem
8 Track Album
Released 30th November 2013


Petrol Bastard – Leeds

Links:

Listen here:
http://petrolbastard.bandcamp.com/album/terrible-problem

Genre: Sweary Electronic Techno Punk

Biography:
“Tesco Value Prodigy”

If there were ever two clowns that could create a riot it’s Petrol Bastard! Well you do know that to be insane means you are treading a fine line to genius - it is but a hairs breadth away. Sadly these two guys are fuckin’ shit and in no way genii! Or so I try to keep telling myself, however, I have come to the conclusion it is the rest of the world that is insane and Petrol Bastard are normal, and yes I am somewhat confused right now. What is normal? Oh dear I appear to have a ‘Terrible Problem

I spent my money on Tentacle Porn
As I delve into the crazy world of Petrol Bastard I start to question my own sanity. I question it because I am told these clown aren’t very good, in fact they are fuckin’ shit – however I am clearly enjoying this crazed ensemble of noises and shouty madness. It sounds a bit like The Sex Pistols meet a poor man’s Prodigy.

If you die in Batley, do you die in real life?
To that question I have no answer at all as I live in Liverpool although some would say that you don’t actually have a life at all in Liverpool, you simply exist! Batley sounds idyllic according to this track. At least the accent is believable! – Ah yeah they actually speak like that in real life or is it perhaps they are corpses pretending. You know I can actually hear the Prodigy singing this!

FCCKKCKKFFCCFFKKCZ
Hang on I need to get totally pissed here to say that title and as I don’t drink it seems I have another ‘Terrible Problem’ I think it is ok it’s just more sweary techno punk noises

Betrol Pastard relaxing!

Fred Foster
Some twiddly synth and yet more sweary, shouty vocals done in a style of well Petrol Bastard really! Hey this one is quite trancy, dancy and I am loving those effects – I think!

Fiat Multipla
Someone is having a good time on that drum machine although I don’t think Jonathan is – he certainly sounds pissed off about something.

White Star Adventuraaaaaaaaar
Subsonic goings on amid some plinky keys with loads of sweary nonsense – oh dear I think this is starting to make sense now – I am doomed!

Fly a plane into a Londis
Am I in the real world or have I been transported to another realm nobody has discovered yet? Hang on I shall just nip into this phone box and check out the dials I may have arrived on another planet without realising...

The 90’s were shit (I shat in a Gameboy)
To finish, we have some melodic synth and some relatively good drumming – back in the real world – or is it? I really don’t know anymore but who cares?

To Sum Up:
Well that was one hell of a journey into the unknown but anything can happen when you listen to Petrol Bastard. Things become really distorted and sometimes they make sense – who am I trying to kid? Petrol Bastard still remain fuckin’ shit hot! This ‘Terrible Problem’ ain’t gonna go away any time soon. I still like Jihad Trombone - but that’s my other terrible problem I seem to be stuck in a time warp!

9/10

Track List:
I spent my money on Tentacle Porn
If you die in Batley, do you die in real life?
FCCKKCKKFFCCFFKKCZ
Fred Foster
Fiat Multipla
White Star Adventuraaaaaaaaar
Fly a plane into a Londis
The 90’s were shit (I shat in a Gameboy)

Members:
Ben Atomgrinder- Frontman/ Producer of the musics/ Occasional Lyric Writer
Jon Tetsuo- Frontman/ Chief Lyric Writer/ Occasional Producer of da moozix

No comments:

Post a Comment