Total Pageviews

Friday, 5 June 2015

Going Away Party - 11 Track Album - Disconnect Disconnect Records - To be released 6th August 2015

Going Away Party
11 Track Album
Disconnect Disconnect Records
To be released 6th August 2015



Written for Ramzine

Going Away Party – Slough, Berkshire

Links:

Genre: Emo

Sometimes you have to move out of your comfort zone to see what dangers lurk outside, and not having reviewed an emo band ever, I am not quite sure what to expect, so this will be a ride and a half, but one must never assume anything where music is concerned.

The vocals I have to say are not in my usual style but the band do have a great rhythm attached to their sound on ‘Punk Rock Rick’  However, this is NOT a punk track what so ever!

The next track ‘It goes on’ again possesses a good fastidious rhythm that wouldn’t sound too out of place on mainstream radio.

‘Stitches’ is no laughing matter as its slower toned structures amble dismally and don’t quite come to any fruition that is worth mentioning.

‘Go for a ride’ is sung with a rather lazy vocal although it does contain a little grit which is better than sung totally clean, but I can’t tell the difference between the previous track and this one.

‘Knocks and Bruises’ sees a harmony form between Perry and Jake and isn’t a bad track as the melodies are quite swift and spiced with a little edginess – but still not something I would chose to listen to if I didn’t have to.

‘Quiet Weekend’ contains a good up tempo beat that I have to admit, my feet like the sound of, but still very much out of my comfort zone.
‘Stay’ is rather a soulless track that drifts aimlessly with uninteresting lyrics and nothing but a few melodies to give it some backbone

For this track ‘Wyoming’ I found myself unable to concentrate as it was a jumble of nonsensical elements that just didn’t gel together at all. It seems the band have hit an apathetic streak.

‘Pining’ starts off with new hope that quickly diminishes as it slows to a dirge and doesn’t offer anything to get your teeth into, even when the tempos change it still remains deadly.

‘Bro’s’ takes its time to move off the mark in fact it hasn’t moved at all. Stagnant at best!

‘Paper Planes’ is more of the same.  No diversity or anything attention grabbing.

I cannot say that I have enjoyed this album at all. Nothing against emo’s but feel rather disillusioned and disappointed. Nobody can say I didn’t give it a go but it’s not working for me!

Track List:
Punk Rock Rick
It goes on
Stitches
Go for a ride
Knocks and Bruises
Quiet Weekend
Stay
Wyoming
Pining
Bro’s
Paper Planes

Members:
Perry Hood - Guitar & Vocals
Jake Dyer - Bass & Backing Vocals
Tom Jeffries - Drums

No comments:

Post a Comment