Total Pageviews

Monday, 20 February 2012

Fury - Burn the Earth - 4 track CD - 2012

Fury
Burn the Earth CD
2012
Fury - Worcester

Links:
http://furyofficial.bigcartel.com/product/fury-burn-the-earth-ep-compact-disc
https://www.facebook.com/furyofficial

Genre: Metal/Thrash/Power/Speed



Hailing from the Worcester area these four metal speed thrashers of NWOBHM are coming to get you! And get you they will...

Well you cannot help but love these guys. 11,906 people can’t be wrong.  I have watched this band transform from virtually unheard of to now quite well known and the jump has just been incredible.

Now on track - and the right one these guys are just ready for the attack! I feel very humbled to be doing yet another review of this band simply because they are such down to earth hard working and superb musicians to boot. I feel they have already made the grade. The army of “Furyians” just keeps on expanding and I am so proud to say I was there – if not in person – two years ago, and meeting and seeing the band play live last year in Birmingham was such an awesome experience for me.

Seeing their live performance at the Snooty Fox a few months back on the live stream was also a wild and thrilling experience and one which I didn’t want to end. No matter where you see these guys they go on delivering at break neck speed and always give 100% at their shows.

The art work is just as incredible as are the band themselves which is worth a mention and defines the band perfectly and in keeping with the music.  Brilliantly crafted by non-other than the Maggot-Meister. https://www.facebook.com/All.Things.Rotten.Maggotmaster

BURN THE EARTH does what it says on the label.  It is a no nonsense approach to metal. These four guys have in my opinion done more than burn the earth with their insanely crazy beat ridden and power hungry style of music – they have incinerated it!

The jump from their last five track EP to Burn the Earth has indeed been an immense leap and if the phrase “one small step for man one giant leap for mankind” had not been already said then I would use it in this instance.

The first EP was stunningly fast and superb and now become a personal favourite of mine to play but Burn the Earth has surpassed that in mega proportions.

Burn the Earth
Blindingly superb – this track springs to life.  It is creative and compelling listening. The guitars are just calibrated to perfection and seemingly effortless.  It gathers a massive momentum and brings back the nostalgia felt at the gig last year. No wonder these guys are becoming more and more successful. Consistent and powerful this track it’s like the express train you just didn’t see coming down the track.

Dangerous World
This is the one I have heard the most and it has had its outing on Infernal Rock Radio courtesy of DJ Beasty.  The persistent beat thunders relentless and proud. I am like the perpetual magnet – drawn to the metal! I can’t get enough of this track. Into the labyrinth it carries you further into the realms of Fury like a black hole and engulfs you with every riff. The intense whispers “I am the light – I am shadow” is really ambient and chills you to the bone! The breakdown is immense and just triggers the finger back to the replay and repeat button. A truly awesome track.

Into the Dark
Dark and intense the guitar and the drums working consistently to bring this track alive in such a creative way. The vocal just cuts like a knife. The catchy melody and solid melting Bass line is just terrific in every sense of the word. Indeed another track that has found its way onto the airwaves and damn straight. This track just builds to an enormous crescendo of frenzied guitar and thunderous blasting beats. It leaves tingling highs right down the spine long after the song has ended.

Life Eternal
This track doesn’t lose its grip on the throat musically or vocally either. It still carries the Fury trademark of frenzied guitar and awesome drum beats and is another tremendous “leap in the dark” from the bands previous extravaganza of metal. (Yes I know repeating myself) but I am baffled by the dexterity of the guitars and how the guys can keep up the momentum at such speed? – but then again we are talking FURY here so I should not be surprised in the slightest. This track delivers and then some.

Fury capture an essence all their own with their unique complexity, style of speed, thrash and power infused metal.  The only thing troubling me now is can they get better than this? Knowing FURY the answer to that is a big fat resounding yes! But we have to wait until they dish out the next CD to see just how far they will have leapt up the scale the next time – I for one just can’t wait! But for now I am just going to hit the repeat button and indulge myself once more.

A truly exciting listening experience can be had by one and all here. So you are all encouraged to seek out FURY, like Fury, love Fury, and go fuckin’ see Fury Live!

Track List:
Burn the Earth
Dangerous World
Into the Dark
Life Eternal

Members:
Julian Jenkins Vocals/Guitar
Joel Peters - Guitar
Martin Trail - Bass
Alasdair Davis - Drums



No comments:

Post a Comment