Silizium
Ich Bin Gothic
Future Fame Records
Released 21st December 2012
One superb album!
Silizium –
Heilbronn Germany
Links:
Discography
2008 Between aggression and
Love - MP3 Own production
2009 Do I Not Fit Into Your
Puzzle? – CD Biohazzard Records
2011 Black Space - CD Future Fame
2012 I'm Gothic – CD Future
Fame
Genre: Gothic
Electro
Silizium or translated from the German means
Silicon and founded in 2007. Front man Mario Calabrese is Silizium. Trying to
form a permanent band for working on stage, was however, not to be, so he
decided to keep the name and work on a solo project and draft in accompanying
musicians for the live performances. After spending a year with DarkMusix
Records (Formerly Biohazard Records) in 2009 he then signed with Future Fame
Records in 2010.
Building on
this, he pushed his music to on line websites and radio stations where it was
well received. Silizium has played a number of festivals, “Future Fame Fest” and “All-Horn
Fest” the last, played for the first time in Silizium’s hometown of Neckarslum.
"Ich Bin Gothic" – (I am Goth) was funded due to Startnext.de a crowd-funding project, which
allowed him to finance the album and on 21st December 2012 was
finally released.
Silizium takes on board a German rap style
vocal, distorted voice and rhythm
structures, with styles of future pop and trance.
The superb Mario 'Silizium' Calabrese
The haunting
resonating rhythms and harsh German tone of Mario bring on a dream-like
quality. I know I am biased, but I love the German language and dark electronic
music too, and Silizium has just
captured my attention especially on the track “Wie Veile Stunden” – (How many hours) It is not only powerful but mesmerising and haunting, especially the
vocal. It is not exactly harsh as I
usually prefer, but the lilting German accent is just so delicious! You can
actually wrap yourself up in the track and be soothed by its gripping array of
rhythms and rich textures.
The Gothic
theme continues with a haunting melody and rap style vocal that is not fast but
slow (and in places harsh) so you can savour it in all its glory. Surrounded by
a rich and ambient context and thus another beautiful track is created.
The rapping
works extremely well despite people probably cringing as they read this
although not in the traditional rap sense, this is superb and sung in a German
accent as I mentioned previously, sounds so compelling and outstanding amid
expressive synth. There are also more
brutal moments of resonating, pulsating synth that bubble under the thickening
rhythms and scintillating vocal, so much so it literally removes the breath
from your lungs.
Holding a
certain predatory stance it unleashes caustic unbridled spite, helped along by
the German lingo, as it would not sound the same in boring English and not half
as expressive! Sung to a rhythmic attack of sultry synth - what more could
anyone ask for? It is contagious as it
is overwhelming and just grows in stature amid very absorbing and influential rapid
torrents, that stake their claim to the hypnotic intensity as it continues to
bite.
“Schau nicht
Weg” – (Don’t look away) sounds slightly like Falco, as the expressive clean
and sophisticated vocal embellishes the ear to an invigorating piano, layered
with complex, sculptured rhythms and leaves its haunting mark.
Despite being
slow and ambient in places, this album is a stark reminder of sonic complexity
and the tracks are just overwhelming, offering a refined quality that gives the
listener something to chew on. “Nur weil Ich Lachte” – (Only when I laugh) stakes a claim to being slightly harsher in
tone and has a capturing presence as the superb synth spikes with a hypnotic
swathe of beauty.
Prowling and
predatory the superb “Weiter” – (Further) comes marching into view and hosts a
mutated rhythmic synth that is enthralling amid a beautifully expelled vocal
and catchy to the last note of its compelling swell of extremity.
The urgency
that Mario brings to the tracks are dynamic, relentless and definitely worth
sampling if you have not already that is. This album should without a doubt,
gain Mario more fans with his subtle blend of Gothic sultriness which deserves
to be shouted about from every rooftop possible, as it declares its eagerness
to please and makes a big statement – Listen and see!
10/10
Track List:
Ich Bin Gothic – I am Gothic
Wie Viele Stunden? – How many hours?
Alles wird gut – Everything is good
Sag mir warum – Tell me why?
Ich leg es ab – I put it off
Wahrheit - Truth
Kein zurück – No looking back
Schau nicht weg – Don’t look away
In der Nacht – In the night
Nur weil Ich Lachte – Only when I laugh
Weiter - Further
Du und Ich – You and I
Und Ich Weiss – and I know
Kieselstein - Pebble
Wie Magie – Like Magie
Am Ende – The End
Members:
Mario SILIZIUM Calabrese
No comments:
Post a Comment